Canadian Art Teacher/Enseigner les arts au Canada (CAT)
Call for Papers
About Canadian Art Teacher
The Canadian Art Teacher/Enseigner les arts au Canada (CAT) is peer-reviewed and published semi-annually by the Canadian Society for Education through Art. The goal of the journal is to enable the exchange of exciting teaching ideas, to disseminate novel art education research, and to discuss pertinent issues in the field. Readers and contributors include artists, educators, and researchers interested in teaching and learning in the visual arts.
CAT wants to hear from you!
We invite submissions from art or design educators (as well as those working in related fields such as architecture) in all sectors working with diverse publics: museum and galleries; schools; community contexts; and post-secondary education. Artists whose practices include pedagogical aspects are welcome.
We are seeking contributors that touch on various areas related to art education and may be either theoretical or practical in nature. Submissions may include scholarly research papers; reports; creative content such as photo essays; reviews of books (academic, children’s, or art), exhibitions, or resources; and lesson/project ideas.
Guidelines for Submission
- Manuscripts may be in English, French, or Indigenous languages and be 3000 to 6000 words in length, including references (style should adhere to APA citation guidelines).
- Manuscripts must be original content and not published or submitted elsewhere.
- Visual materials, whether as illustrations or the central focus, are encouraged (particularly for shorter manuscripts). All artwork and images must be of high resolution (minimum 300 dpi) and accompanied by appropriate credits, permissions, and copyright.
- ~200-word abstract/expression of interest (appreciated but not required): February 1, 2019
- Full manuscript: March 15, 2019
Please direct all inquiries and submissions to