Graduate students are a vital part of the CSEA/SCÉA, and are involved in the following projects:
- A Graduate Student Symposium is held at each conference, where graduate students present their research in various stages of development.
- Canadian Art Teacher publishes a special Graduate Student issue following each symposium.
- A graduate student e-book, Emergent Art Education: Next Directions in Canadian Art Education, was written in 2015, and can be downloaded (free) at: https://csea-scea.ca/publications/ebooks/
- The Director of Graduate Students works with the Awards Sub-Committee to solicit applications for the Masters and Dissertation Awards, establish a review procedure, and form a review committee.
- All of these initiatives strive to create connections and networks between graduate students and professional researchers and professors from across the country.