Good Question: Arts-based Approaches to Collaborative Research with Children and Youth
– A comic book!
– A research anthology!
– Theoretical essays on Research.
Edited by Michael J. Emme (Art Education) & Anna Kirova (Early Childhood Education)
This e-book features:
- a 60–page research methods comic book designed for digital projection in the classroom.
- 10–examples of collaborative research (from 4 countries)
- 3–theoretical essays exploring concepts in Art, Play, and collaboration as research
PLUS: I have an 11” x 14” unframed art print set of the comic book, suitable for exhibition, that can travel to your institution (if you can cover postage and insurance).
Get in touch with Mike Emme at email@example.com if you are interested.
Emergent Art Education
Next Directions in Canadian Research
Edited by: Alison Shields and Michael J. Emme (2016)
- As writers, researchers, artists and reviewers, 31 graduate students from across Canada have contributed to this anthology of cutting-edge, graduate student research.
Available for free through:
- Apple iBooks (ISBN: 978-0-9738340-5-5)
The Drawing Path for Children
By: Bob Steele (2014)
- Focused on the significant early learning reflected in children’s authentic drawing practices, this book merges 80 examples of children’s drawing with anecdotes and strategies from teachers and parents all framed by the insights of master educator and artist, Bob Steele.
A joint publication of the CSEA/SCÉA and InSEA